Sunday, July 28, 2013

Moving Forward

What a crazy five weeks! It flew by, and yet I truly gained so much knowledge and inspiration. I decided to get my master's degree once I began my student teaching and had completely fallen in love with the teaching profession. I knew I wanted to do great things, and felt a master's degree would give me the competitive edge to do so. What I realized over these past 5 weeks, is that it's not about the competitive edge, it's about becoming the best teacher I can possibly be.

I really enjoyed this class and will take away some powerful learning lessons. Although the backbone of the class was on instructional design, my favorite aspects were learning so many useful applications of technology. From creating a blog, to making Google forms, to using Google docs, and making presentations, everyday we used technology and became more comfortable doing so. My favorite and most memorable part of the class was the final group project. It was so fun deciding what to do with the $10,000 and making a technology-inspired learning segment. My team and I worked really well together and had a great time being creative. It's always cool to take what you've been learning and put it into action, creating something you can one day use or adapt for your own students. Besides actually composing our group project, it was pretty incredible to watch everyone else's. I was really impressed! Best of all, I got so many good ideas for ways to incorporate technology into my own classroom.

My next step is beginning a new job in Northern California as a first grade teacher. My class has a small set of iPads and I can't wait to use them! I'm most excited about trying out Toontastic. We also have a computer lab with Apple desk tops as well, so there will be a lot for us to do on those. I definitely will teach them power point and am hoping I could teach them iMovie or perhaps a simplified version. There are so many options and I can't wait to learn what else is out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment